Every city has a limo provider and many has multiple choices for you to look through and research. But how do you find the best limo service near you and insure you don’t get taken advantage of.
We thought we’d write a quick blog post on ways to research limo services and questions to ask before you hand over your hard earned money.
For starters, we recommend the basics in terms of research. The go to places like:
- Facebook (ask for a recommendation)
- Local friends
- Who do the pro sports teams use?
- Reviews (look for recent, the most, the sentiment and the best star rating)
Beyond the basics, it’s important to also know what questions to ask. Here are just a few of the ones we would start with:
- “Can we come by and see the vehicle we want?”
- “What deposit is required?”
- “What is the cancellation policy?”
- “What if your driver is late or doesn’t show up at all. What recourse do we have?”
- “What are our options if the car breaks down?”
- “Do your drivers know their way around?”
- “Do you offer a discount for multiple hours or a free hour?”
- “How new are your cars?”
- “What type of insurance coverage do you carry?”
These are just a few questions and you may be able to come up with some of your own. Many limo services are great service providers but, to be honest, there are many unscrupulous owners and providers that hope you are an unsuspecting consumer.
If they allow you to come by and see their cars, that’s a good sign. If not, it may be a red flag. They may promise you one car and then provide another. Their drivers may not be trained on how to handle clients and be on time or know their way around; especially in traffic.
In addition, the provider may be booked on your night and if your car has issues and breaks down, you may be stuck with a cab or an Uber. As we mentioned above, don’t be afraid to ask for discounts or a free hour if you book four hours. Tell them you are shopping around and if they want your business right now, you will commit if they offer a deal.
Lastly, inquire about their insurance if there were to be an accident and you or a loved one were injured while in their care. What type of protection do you have?
Do your research. Ask around and don’t be afraid to stand your ground. You’ll be glad you did!